Our Coronavirus Plan
The health and safety of our clients and our clinicians is our top priority at Family Christian Counseling Center. As news about COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) continues to increase, we have received some questions about scheduling appointments and so we'd like to take this opportunity to ensure that all of our current clients are aware of their options when scheduling sessions.
Our center is open and conducting business as usual. However, if you are not feeling well and/or have any concerns about coming into the office, you are always welcome to schedule a video session in lieu of an in-person session, so that you can experience your therapy session from the comfort of your own home. We use a HIPAA-compliant videoconference software, Zoom, for all of our video sessions, and you can easily conduct these video sessions on your computer. Video sessions are billed at the same hourly rate as an in-person session, and they are a great way to ensure the continuity of your therapeutic care in spite of not feeling well or not wanting to risk possible exposure to the coronavirus.
To convert an already-scheduled in-person session to video or phone or to schedule a new video or phone session, simply contact our receptionist, Rhonda, and she will happily alert your provider of this request. You can reach Rhonda by phone at (602) 325-1233, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, we have implemented a cleaning protocol around the center to ensure a hygienic environment for clients and clinicians alike.
- Staff and clients will be asked to stay home if they have any illness. Cancelation fees will be waved for illness.
- Parents and children will be asked to wash hands or use sanitizer before entering the therapy rooms. Especially those rooms with sand tray figures and toys.
- Staff will routinely clean surfaces and objects that are touched often, such as desks, countertops, doorknobs, water cooler, restroom keys, faucet handles, and phones.
- Toys that a child places in their mouth will be taken to the kitchen and cleaned with soap and bleach before being used again.
- Toys in the waiting area will be sanitized daily.
If you have any questions or concerns about our efforts to support clients through this unprecedented time, please contact our Director, Deborah Pettitt, at (602) 325-1233, and she will be happy to speak with you.
Thank you for trusting our center and our team to continue to provide the most excellent care to each of our clients.
Family Christian Counseling Center